Collection and Use of Personal Information
GrayJay’s collection and processing of the personal information of users takes place under limited circumstances and at specific times, including during registration for participation in our clients’ leagues and programs, such as training camp registrations. The user information collected by the GrayJay may include personal information directly provided by users, such as a user’s name, mailing address, e-mail and other personal information collected through online forms, as well as the automatic collection by cookies, web beacons and other technologies of certain information, such as log information (i.e., your Internet Protocol address) and device information (i.e., device identifiers which may be unique to your device).
GrayJay does not use personal information for any other purpose than providing and facilitating the provision of Services, improving our operation and Services, providing effective advertising, or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection and pursuant to your consent. Specific examples of these permitted uses include:
- providing you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
- contacting you via email and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and other third parties;
- maintaining or administering the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer; and
- customizing and personalizing your use of the Services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information to parties outside of GrayJay or our client sites without your explicit prior consent, except as otherwise set out herein.
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- Service Provider Arrangements: In connection with the provision of our Services, we may disclose (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide Services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host our website and store information on our behalf (GrayJay websites are hosted on servers located in Canada). Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers in Canada and may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities as required under the laws of this jurisdiction. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: Some of the content, advertising and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example:
- retail and other companies that may process transactions, provide customer service, and perform other related functions;
- advertising providers, which may help us and our advertisers provide ads (on our Services or elsewhere online) that are tailored to users’ interests and understand users’ response to those ads;
- audience-measurement companies, which help us measure the overall usage of our Services and compare that usage to other online services; and
- social networking services, which enable you to log in to certain of our Services, to comment on content available on our Services, and to share things you find on our Services with your social network.
- Sale of Business: GrayJay and it’s leagues and teams may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of the GrayJay League and it’s teams or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: GrayJay and our affiliates and service providers may disclose personal information to third parties as required or permitted by applicable law. For greater certainty, we may disclose your information to third parties in order to: (i) protect the legal rights, safety, and security of GrayJay, our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners and the users of our Services; (ii) respond to and resolve claims or complaints; (iii) prevent fraud or for risk management purposes; and (iv) comply with or respond to law enforcement or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government, regulatory or other entity, whether or not legally required. Where a disclosure of our users’ personal information is required by applicable law, we will endeavour to notify the affected user(s) prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so).
Information about Our Services
As you access our Services, certain information may be passively collected by cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Activity Information: We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the website, such as the content of searches you perform on the website, solely for the purpose of internal evaluation of website effectiveness. This information will not be shared with third parties.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies
Our Services may use online technologies called “cookies” and “web beacons”, as well as other local storage technologies. This section explains what these technologies are and how they may be used.
Cookies and Other Local Storage Technologies
Generally speaking, “cookies” are text files that are placed in your device’s browser, and that can be used to help recognize your browser across different web pages, websites and browsing sessions. They are saved, either temporarily or permanently, on your hard drive, leaving a trace of your passage. The information can include such things as the date and time of your last visit, a given answer to an online question, personal information, etc. Cookies can also enhance your web experience by recording your navigation preferences for a given website.
Your browser or device may offer settings related to cookies. For example, you may be able to configure your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Services. For more information about whether these settings are available, what they do, and how they work, visit your browser or device’s help material.
Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on web pages, in videos and in emails that can communicate information about your browser and device to a server. Beacons can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit a web page or read an email, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing a Web page or email.
Security of Personal Information
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our users and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control.
GrayJay has implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. However, please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your information, or any other disclosures out of our control.
Your online access to some of your information may be protected with a password that you select. We strongly recommend that you select a unique password that is difficult to guess and that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls, or email messages).
Users may opt-out of receiving information on GrayJay updates and new services. The process to opt out of most GrayJay email materials may be found in the easy-to-follow unsubscribe directions posted at the bottom of such emails.
We may use de-identified information created by us from your personal information without restriction.
We will retain your information as needed to provide you the Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.